Monday, February 9, 2009

Our Anniversary Blog

Well, it's almost midnight here and our anniversary is about over. Eight yrs ago today Chip and I met for the first time at the mall after having met on the internet in a yahoo chat room. I can still remember the first time I saw him. Neither of us were driving at the time, he because of his eyesight and me because my van was having problems so after chatting online for about a month or so we decided to meet at a local mall. Luckily we lived in the same town, actually it was kind of ironic because we both had been born and raised in the same general area and had shopped at the same places all our lives but had never met.

Anyway, the first time we met I was so nervous because I had never done anything like this before so I hoped on the bus to the mall as he did. I was there first and hung out. He was actually late and I really thought he might not show? I had not eaten all day because I was so nervous, so when I thought he wasn't going to show I got in line to get a pretzel at Auntie Anna's. That's when I saw him come into the food court. He had on a red shirt and either black pants or jeans (can't quite recall that?). He was in a wheelchair at the time too because his legs were giving him problems. I recognized him because he had sent me a picture in the online chats and from his profile. I jumped out of line and went up to him and we got a table together. We talked and both decided to get a pretzel and share it and that was the beginning of a long, beautiful and very happy 8 yrs together. We've been through quite lot in those 8 yrs with his kidney transplant and my health issues as well but we are still going strong. I can't imagine the last 8 yrs without him. I love you the mostest babe:)

No comments:

Post a Comment