Monday, September 29, 2008

A Blog About This Past Week

I thought I'd just blog about my week. Well today I watched the Redskins/Cowboy game. YEAH REDSKINS! They won it! It was a close one at the end though. Going back to Monday though,I went to go see my grandmother who will be turning 88 yrs old in Oct. I hadn't seen her in a while which was entirely my fault. I need to take more time to go visit with her. Our visit was very nice though. I gathered some family information from her (this is my mother's mother) and have been working again this week on our family history and have gone back a few generations. Soon I will be getting quite a bit of information from my 3rd cousin in WV who has traced our family for quite a while and has a lot of info and pictures her aunt left her. That will definitely help me with my research although it will only be on my grandmother's mothers side of the family, I still have some to do on her father's side although I have gone back to 1800 already with him but I seem to be stuck because it's been debatable whether he was Irish or not and whether his wife was Scottish? There is also some Native American blood in my family but hopefully my 3rd cousin will have that info? My uncle did research on my dad's side of the family when he was in college and we discovered that we are of Scotch/Irish descent and now it is starting to look like we are of the same descent on my mom's side of the family as well with some Native American blood thrown in too. This past year I have really become very interested in geneology and have been able to find out a lot by just googling names and dates. There is usually always somebody else trying to find the same person you are looking for or someone that they are closely related too.

Something else I've been doing this week is trying to do more cooking at home. I've found a lot of great recipes on youtube and done some variation with some of them. Some of the things I've made have been Shepherd's Pie, French Toast with fried apples, Crab Cakes, and Sticky Rice with Magos and Banana's. Chip really seemed to enjoy them:) Well I guess that's all for now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment